Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Japanese Pedicures

So everyone enjoys a pedicure right? Me being the "thrifty" girl that I am, I did not have my first one done until 2012 (had never had a manicure either)! Not that being thrifty is bad, there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing your own nails, especially if you are like me and have FIFTEEN different polish colors (not including the matching glitter to go with). Now I have had about three pedicures, and just experience my first one here in Okinawa. Let me tell you. It was magical....

Excited on the way to the salon


I went with two friends to a salon called Cocok (pronounced Coco's). It was located right on the coast above another building, you would not find it if you didn't know what you were looking for. You could see the water from your chair and, the door was left open so there was a nice breeze of fresh air through the entire experience. We had fresh tea to sip on while our feet and legs were soaked and then massaged with essential oils.

When you sit in the chair they hand you this rather LARGE book of nail designs to go through and pick what you want for your toes. I kid you not there is about one hundred and fifty to two hundred different designs and they are all gorgeous. Needless to say it took me at least forty-five minutes to decide. When all the wonderful soaking, rubbing, and moisturizing was over it was time to paint. I chose a bright floral pattern with several colors for my first Japanese pedicure, that way it would match a few outfits.

The girl painted my toes a happy bright blue, afterwards using a cotton ball to sponge on the yellow and red (never would have thought of doing that). Then she had the skinniest little brush, dipped it in some liquid black paint (I think it was acrylic paint) and proceeded to draw these tiny black flowers! The final touch was single pieces of glitter she placed in the center of the flower instead of a rhinestone with I loved! Rhinestones fall off so easily and the glitter is flat so it lasts much longer.

Sorry my feet aren't the cutest;) my brother says they look like pork chops haha


Needless to say I was extremely happy about how it turned out! I will definitely be going back (maybe for my birthday;) for special occasions. It is a wonderful experience and a good time to catch up with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment