Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Snorkels and Spears!

   This past weekend was the first lovely, sun shiny day for about two weeks. And what do you do on a sunny day when you live on a tropical island?......Go to the beach of course! There is a small strip of beach right down the road here on Camp Courtney where we live. It isn't a large beach but it sure is nice a relaxing, and it's right down the road from our apartment which is perfect for afternoon naps after the beach! Anyways, I loveeee seafood! Always have and always will. Sadly Nick isn't such a fan of fish, eating them that is. Now catching them, that's a different story! We haven't had a chance to go deep sea fishing yet, but Nick and his good friend suited up in their snorkel gear and went spear fishing at the beach! For Easter we got a new Pentax Adventure proof camera! It has a semi crush proof case and is cold proof and waterproof down to 45ft. It has more megapixels than a GoPro and lights around the lens for macro shots under water. Needless to say I was so excited to try it out! 
 
 Nick and Rick heading to catch some fish!!
 
 
Now I tried to keep up and take some pics, but I didn't strap my fins on for some silly reason so I could only snap one quick pic with our new camera before I had to head back.
 Underwater pics are surprisingly clear! I hate this word but.....Selfie!
 One of my favorites, I love the contrast of the water and the sky.
 
 Sea weed!
 Beautiful beach day with cool underwater pics! Next time I'll wear my fins and be prepared for a little more cardio. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment